Monday, September 27, 2010

First encounter with Animal Kaiser gaming

Photobucket
The game that answers the age old question: which would win in a fight? I saw this brilliant arcade concept on a commercial one day during breakfast. Or dinner, I forget. It caught my attention when I noticed a battle ensuing between a lion and a shark… on land.

Friends and I had been meaning to hunt this game down and give it a shot, but like so many things we put it off. Since my friend from the previous post was soon to return home we decided to find a console in Osaka. Luckily the website (www.animalkaiser.com) has a list of all the stores and arcades where you can find their revolutionary game.

It’s played with cards, unfortunately you have to play the game before you receive a prize card. Until then you play with the default lion. After the two animals are scanned from players’ cards, special attacks and powers are uploaded, the players roll a roulette to see whose animal kicks the shit out of the other using which attack.

So far I’ve got a manta ray and a panther!


Source: Re-posting of original article from http://teaintokyo.wordpress.com ,dated February 25, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment