Thursday, April 28, 2011

GE candidates have their say

Here's what some candidates have to say about the General Elections and their plans on winning the hearts and minds of voters.


"Let this be a contest of ideas, let this be a contest of programs and see who can deliver a better future for Singaporeans, for our residents."
-- Tin Pei Ling, People's Action Party, Marine Parade GRC candidate


"We are really going on "heartware" because to me this election is about my relationship with the people in Potong Pasir, it's about my commitment and my loyalty to them."
-- Sitoh Yih Pin, People's Action Party, Potong Pasir SMC candidate


"I'm very confident, I've been serving the people of Potong Pasir for 27 years... I've been with my husband for six elections, the only difference is that I'm standing as a candidate now."
-- Lina Chiam, Singapore People's Party, Potong Pasir SMC candidate


On why he emphasised humility in his speech:
"That is the premise of the People's Action Party, that we are here to serve to do our best to help our residents improve their lives."
--Lim Biow Chuan, People's Action Party, Mountbatten SMC candidate


"The current policies have caused hardships and anxieties to people and I feel that somebody has to got to stand up and make the changes. The voters of Mountabatten have only seen one way of doing things for the past 20 years and I have got people behind me who are talented, creative. I can use their creativity and ideas. I can do something different in Mountbatten."
-- Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, National Solidarity Party, Mountbatten SMC candidate


"I will be going on walkabouts every day because I'm new to Bukit Panjang and I want everybody to know that I am well aware of that. I want to meet all the residents, so I will be at the MRTs and the LRTs."
-- Alec Tok, Singapore Democratic Party, Bukit Panjang SMC candidate


"As an entrepreneur for the last 11 years, I've been very used to be able to start something out of nothing. So for Joo Chiat, I would like to champion many ground-up activities,"
-- Yee Jen Jong, Workers' Party, Joo Chiat SMC


"I will walk the ground to win over the residents' mandate."
-- Desmond Lim, Singapore Democratic Alliance secretary general, Punggol East SMC candidate


"The PAP are afraid of us, because the opposition has shown that it can field quality candidates to contest for elections."
-- Eric Tan, Workers' Party, East Coast GRC candidate

No comments:

Post a Comment